Outpatient Recovery Program and Services
Supporting Multiple Pathways to Recovery
Residents in Recovery understands that there are multiple pathways to recovery and each pathway must be self-determined in order to be effective. Taking a person-centered approach, clients are exposed to a wide range of available options to incorporate into their recovery program. Utilizing traditional wait times, provides an opportunity for treatment readiness. A combination of therapies and experiential learning modalities are offered o sober living clients for no additional cost. Specialized groups and community integration, supports those seeking reunification with their children. Residents in Recovery is truly able to meet individuals where they are at and support them at any stage of their recovery journey. The following are an example of the recovery pathways that we support;
1) Harm Reduction - Take-home Naloxone distributor for AHS, harm reduction vending machine token distributor for SHA, host for walk-in sexual health clinic with SHA, navigational support for individuals starting their recovery journey including detox referrals.
2) Day Programming Options - In-person day programming offers recovery pathways of a number of evidence-based curriculums including; Mindfulness-Based Recovery, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Stephanie Covington's Helping Men / Women Recover Program, Brene Brown's Connections Curriculum and a combination of gender specific groups, art therapy and recreational opportunities.
Staying clean and sober while waiting for a residential treatment program is often a daunting and nearly impossible expectation. Residents in Recovery support individuals through this period with psycho-educational programming and interactive groups. Enhancing motivational understanding, coping skill development and peer engagement help individuals maintain abstinence until they get into residential treatment, often one to four months.
3) Virtual Day Programming - Staying clean and sober is not everyone's recovery path. Sometimes, mental health issues make it difficult to partake in group activities, and most often geography prevents access to daily programming such as this to support one's path to recovery. The Residents in Recovery virtual programming is now available regardless of where you are or what your path to recovery is. With the click of a button, you can become engaged in a recovery program Tuesday through Friday.
4) Trauma-Focused Therapy - Serena Campbell-Barnes is a certified eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) therapist which modifies traumatic memories to ease their painful emotional charge. Also coming May 2021, Residents will have the opportunity to experience trauma-informed movement therapy and somatic experiencing. Residents in Recovery believes that the mindful integration of the body into the healing practice is essential for trauma recovery.
5) Peer Support - Information on how to access 12-step groups such as Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, Sex Addicts Anonymous, All Addictions Anonymous, Codependents Anonymous; Christian based groups such as Celebrate Recovery and Bible Study; Secular groups such as SMART Recovery.